Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Stuffed Peppers

I made these stuffed peppers the other day, the original recipe comes from Gina at www.skinnytaste.com - I modified the recipe how I liked it, so the only similarity is the shredded chicken and bell peppers haha.

I also don't like cooked vegetables so my peppers were fresh and cool and gave this recipe a nice crisp crunch. If you like your peppers baked you can do so at 350 for 20 minutes.

Here's what you'll need;

3-4 Bell Peppers
1lb shredded chicken
1 can of garbanzo beans drained
1 tablespoon of cumin
1 tsp of paprika
Salt and Pepper to taste

1/2 tsp cayenne / jalepeno (optional)

Cook the chicken fully - I add a cup or so of water when I'm cooking the chicken, it keeps it moist and delicious. Once the chicken is cooked add the garbanzo beans and heat them up - usually about 5 minutes. Add the seasonings.

Cut the bell peppers in half and scoop out the seeds, take a spoon and scoop into the peppers and serve.

You can add some shredded cheese or rice to the mixture if you desire :)

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment