Sunday, October 18, 2009

Garlic Hummus




Now, I have only had hummus once. However, after making homemade pita bread, I wanted something to go with them! So I made this hummus which was actually quite good.

The original recipe calls for 2 tablespoons of roasted garlic, I only had minced garlic, so I used that instead - and only added 1 teaspoon. 1 teaspoon of minced garlic was still a bit much for me, but my husband (who loves garlic) said it was perfect. For this recipe I am cutting back on the garlic, but if you like it, add more!

1 can of chick peas (garbanzo beans) - drained
3-4 tablespoons of olive oil
1/2 teaspoon of minced garlic
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon of oregano

Put everything in your food processor and blend until you get a consistency that you like, if it's too thick add a little more olive oil to the mixture.

Super yummy and incredibly healthy! Garlic fights off infections, and has anti-bacterial properties, and chick peas (garbanzo beans) help to even out blood sugar levels, great for diabetics! It also contains a ton of fiber and protein.
Bon Apetite!

Cherise

No comments:

Post a Comment