Sunday, October 18, 2009

Ginger Cinnamon Sweet Potatoes





Okay, so I know tonight's "dinner" was weird, hummus, homemade pita breads, and mashed sweet potatoes. But that's what I felt like eating! So that's what we ate. I am a HUGE fan of sweet potatoes. I could eat them all day, every day.

I have never been successful at making baked sweet potatoes, so I thought I would try my hand at making them like mashed potatoes. I added cinnamon and ginger to this recipe because they have so many health benefits it's unbelievable. Ginger also fights off colds :)

What you'll need:

2 Large Sweet Potatoes
1/4 - 1/2 cup milk (remember people, organic is best!) or you can substitute water
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon of ginger

Bring a pot of water to a boil. While you are waiting for the water to boil, peel the potatoes, and cut them up into cubes - careful, sweet potatoes can be difficult to cut!

Once the water comes to a boil, add the cubed sweet potatoes and cover the pot.

The potatoes need to boil for about 20 minutes, or until you poke a fork through them and they fall apart easily. Once they are boiled, drain the water, and mash them. I had to use a fork because I don't have a potato masher, but it all turns out the same!

Mix in the milk, brown sugar, cinnamon, and ginger in the potatoes and serve :) Yum yum!

Eat up!

Cherise

No comments:

Post a Comment